Organic Radish Sprouting Seeds
Our Organic Radish Sprouting Seeds (Raphanus sativus) are grown in accordance with the National Organic Program and Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI). Radish is a fast growing plant and if you were to examine it after only a week’s time, you would already notice the green leaves starting. Even at this early stage, Radish sprouts provide the full flavor of the fully grown adult vegetables. They have a powerful taste, with a mild radish tang.
Starwest Certified Organic and Kosher Certified Sprouting Seeds provide a fresh, natural way to supplement one’s diet, and are an easy and convenient way to get the nutrients one’s body needs. Any of our flavorful Sprouting Seeds can be used in a variety of recipes, including stir-fry, salads, sandwiches and soups.
Reasons to grow your own sprouts
- Nutrition: Sprouts are baby vegetables in their prime. They contain nutrients including proteins, vitamins and minerals, and enzymes. Radish is a source of protein, vitamins A, B6, and C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Contains more protein than lettuce and spinach.
- Freshness: Eaten when picked. No loss of nutrients sitting on the produce shelf. Great fresh, flavors!
- Variety: You can grow more varieties of salad greens than are available in the supermarket .Your salads will come alive with flavor!
- Digestibility: As baby plants, their delicate cell walls easily release elemental nutrients. Abundant enzymes make them easier to digest.
- Space & Time: It’s Easy! Just add water! No soil. No bugs. No green thumb required. No special lights. One pound grows in only 9 inches of space.
- Economics: Seeds can multiply many times their weight and you can save money by growing your own rather than buying the grown sprouts. Instead of 1 head of lettuce, you get 1,000's of micro-lettuce leaves. You can have a delicious 100% Organic Salad 52 weeks a year for only pennies per pound!
See our Sprouting Accessories to help you grow your own sprouts!
Soak for 4 to 6 hours – Place 1 - 2 tbsp of seeds in a wide mouth jar. Cover with screen and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 4 - 6 hours. Drain well.
Rinse 2 times a day – refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
Enjoy! Ready to eat in 4 to 5 days – To keep fresh, refrigerate well drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.
Packaging: The 4 oz size is packaged in a 4” x 6” clear polyethylene bag, and the 1 lb size is packaged in a polyfoil bag with a re-sealable zipper closure, protecting the contents from light exposure and moisture.
1 tbsp (approximately .38 oz) of dry seeds yields 3-4 cups of sprouts.
Storage: If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer in a sealed freezer bag, they'll last even longer!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.