Organic Sunflower Sprouting Seeds
Our Organic Sunflower Sprouting Seeds (Helianthus annuus) are grown in accordance with the National Organic Program and Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI). Sunflower is a fast growing plant and if you were to examine it after only a week’s time, you would already notice the green leaves starting. Even at this early stage, Sunflower sprouts provide the full flavor of the fully grown adult vegetables. It has a delicious nutty sunflower taste in a big crunchy sprout!
Starwest Certified Organic and Kosher Certified Sprouting Seeds provide a fresh, natural way to supplement one’s diet, and are an easy and convenient way to get the nutrients one’s body needs. Any of our flavorful Sprouting Seeds can be used in a variety of recipes, including stir-fry, salads, sandwiches and soups.
Reasons to grow your own sprouts
- Nutrition: Sprouts are baby vegetables in their prime. They contain nutrients including proteins, vitamins and minerals, and enzymes. Sunflower sprouts are a good source of protein and vitamins B6, and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, and dietary fiber. Contains more protein than lettuce and spinach.
- Freshness: Eaten when picked. No loss of nutrients sitting on the produce shelf. Great fresh, flavors!
- Variety: You can grow more varieties of salad greens than are available in the supermarket .Your salads will come alive with flavor!
- Digestibility: As baby plants, their delicate cell walls easily release elemental nutrients. Abundant enzymes make them easier to digest.
- Space & Time: It’s Easy! Just add water! No soil. No bugs. No green thumb required. No special lights. One pound grows in only 9 inches of space.
- Economics: Seeds can multiply many times their weight and you can save money by growing your own rather than buying the grown sprouts. Instead of 1 head of lettuce, you get 1,000's of micro-lettuce leaves. You can have a delicious 100% Organic Salad 52 weeks a year for only pennies per pound!
See our Sprouting Accessories to help you grow your own sprouts!
Soak 4 to 8 hours in water – Drain. Spread two layers deep in the bottom of a sprouting tray with drainage holes.
Rinse or mist twice a day – carefully at first so you don't disturb the seed until the roots catch onto the tray. Cover between rinses. For darker green leaves cover with clear plastic.
Enjoy! Ready to harvest in 8 to 10 days – To keep fresh, refrigerate well drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.
Packaging: The 4 oz size is packaged in a convenient stand-up pouch with a re-sealable zipper closure, and the 1 lb size is packaged in a polyfoil bag with a re-sealable zipper closure, protecting the contents from light exposure and moisture.
1/4 cup (approximately 1.01 oz) of dry seeds yields 3 cups of sprouts.
Storage: If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer in a sealed freezer bag, they'll last even longer!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.